Since I was a kid I enjoyed reading all sorts of comics. These were mainly marvel based ones like Spiderman, X-Men, Iron Man, The Punisher. Since my childhood I haven’t read many comic books anymore. This is probably also because here in the Netherlands, Marvel comic books aren’t very common in shops. While I do still enjoy watching comic book based movies, I didn’t really think about reading comic books again (Naruto is an exception).
Marvel Unlimited one month for $0.99
This was until I saw the Marvel Unlimited offer where you can get a month of access to over 15.000 digital Marvel comics for only $0.99 for one month.
You can find the offer here: http://marvel.com/mu which contains the promo code SDCC14
Notes on the offer:
1) $0.99 offer ends 11:59 EST July 29th (05:00 CET July 30th)
2) It requires a credit card
3) The regular price (after the first month) is $9.99 monthly or $69.00 yearly.
4) The subscription auto renews, unless you cancel it. You can cancel it immediately after you sign up, so you won’t forget.
Notes on the Marvel Unlimited subscription
1) There are apps available for Android and iOS, but not for Windows tablets (the web based comic reader works fine though).
2) The newest comics aren’t made available immediately to Marvel Unlimited subscribers. It generally takes about half a year before they become available.
3) Not all comics are available for Marvel Unlimited subscribers yet. So before starting to read a series, make sure all the issues are available.
My experience and closing thoughts
I took advantage of this offer and started reading up on my favorite comics. I still have a lot of great comics to read from characters I know, but I’m also very curious about comics from characters that are less known to me. By example I don’t know much about The Guardians Of The Galaxy and plan and want to know more about them before seeing the movie. As such, I think I will be taking a monthly subscription now and then to read some comics, but only when I have time to read multiple comics.
So if you’re interested be sure to take advantage of this great offer and take a look to see if it is something for you. Also if you’re in Europe you’ll benefit from the strong EURO if you would decide to subscribe later on. A yearly subscription costs $69, which is about 50 EUROS. Not a bad deal if you ask me :)
If you have suggestions on which comics are must reads, please leave a comment.